Thursday, September 28, 2006

Interesting update

One of my friends with MS, who was taking the same products as me was told by her nurse to stop taking one, because of the medication she was going to be taken (Its an HGH product). However the nurse reviewed the other products and highly recommended she take one of the supplements, do to the Calcuim and Vitamin D. Are any of the other MSer's aware why calcuim and Vitamin D would be significant for someone with secondary progesssive MS? I was unaware that those 2 particular items were significant to MS.

I beleive she has started another round of steriods and thats why the HGH was not recomended. While she is still suffering from the "dead leg" I am pleased the supplements have erased her fatigue! More on her as she progresses.

For those interested in the supplements or information on them, e-mail me and I would be happy to send along the information

4 Comments:

Anonymous Miss Chris said...

My mother is very much into naturopathic treatments. She is not a doctor and has no medical training however she reads considerable amounts on the subject of natural treatments, especially since I was diagnosed with M.S.
She and I have both reads tons of info. on Vitamin D. It seems that it can slow things down somehow and the Naturopathic M.D. says it's essential for people with M.S. I've started using it since stopping my Copaxone. Just my 2cents.

2:47 AM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

I've heard of Calcium somehow being reactive with Steroids ... I forget the details.

3:25 AM  
Blogger pb said...

The steriods rob our bodies of their bone density.

As active as I am, and although I've taken supplements all my life, I am only a few tenths of a point away from Osteoporosis.

That is another reason I stopped Solumedrol. Asthma also gives me steriods to wreck my bones. I am told that Fosamax is in the near future.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Multiple sclerosis and me said...

Thanks for the update on it. I guess thats why the nurse was so in favor of this product. It has a very High calcium comment.

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home