Tuesday, October 17, 2006

MS symptoms

Well I thought I would change things up here and add some information on Symptoms. I have included the link above to the main website MSwatch.com as well here is the article covering off today's topic

MS Fatigue

Fatigue for me has been at times crippling. Although there are medications for assisting with this symptom, diet and exercise are extremely important. This is one area where eating healthy and taking natural supplements has been huge for me. This is a frustrating symptom, and can often get confused with being lazy or unmotivated, for those of you who haven't suffered through it, its difficult to explain. I am not sure how I would describe it, but taking a stab at it,
A paralyzing tiredness that's owns your body and your mind!

Although crippling, this is the one symptom where what we do, what we eat, and how we live can limit and "control" the damage. Eat right, Take a supplement or vitamin, exercise and hopefully it will limit your experience with this particular monster. I started with fatigue but will be working my through the many symptoms of MS in the next few days, Please share your experiences, your solutions, suggestions for any and all. If I am missing a symptom let me know happy to research into the gory details if I have not already done so!

Fatigue is probably the one I hate the most, so its one I have read studied and taken action against with a great deal of success. If anyone would like more information on nutrition, the types of things our bodies need, I am happy to add what I have found although there a lot of detail.

For the most part I will include information from "experts" from credible websites. At this stage though my definition of experts is changing, my faith will be foolishly placed in the hands of the first expert who says " Really we haven't a clue, wanna be a guinea pig ?" because at least he/she is being honest!

that's it for now, next up......Brain Fog! I was just reading about it somewhere not to long ago...If I could only remember where!(just kidding Miss Chris) lets hope the answer isn't a lobotomy!

3 Comments:

Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

A paralyzing tiredness that's owns your body and your mind!


I like to describe it as 'languishing in a profound meloncholy'. Seems to fit.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

There are some words I never want to hear.

I hate it when I understand my disease more than the physicians and climicians do that's due to a lack of training and/or empathy.

I know we just have to suffer and grin and bear it while the ugly l'il ducklings learn to fly.

There's nothing we can do about the lack of empathy except avoid them as much as possible. (Good luck...)

That said, I have never experienced true fatigue so I can't really relate to you.

I can sympathise, read your words and they make sense, but not empathise.

That said, I think I'll pass. I don't really want to experience fatigue.

2:25 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Please God! No labotomy! lol

Fatigue is the thing I hate the most. Brain fog runs a close second. I think I'm an a fog right now.

"Languishing in a profound melancholy" sure sounds better mdmhvonpa. I'd use that phrase if I wasn't so tired.

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home